As part of any recruitment process, EMAK Solution collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations.
What personal data do we collect
Your data is stored in a range of systems and formats. These include in your recruitment file, in the organisations HR management system and in other IT systems, including the organisations email system.
EMAK Solution processes a range of information collected from you. This may include:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- your gender and date of birth;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history, including start and end dates with previous employers;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- details of your marital status and dependents;
- your nationality and entitlement to work in the UK;
- candidate photographs.
High risk personal data
- Details of your bank account and national insurance number.
- Passport and driving license information.
Special category and criminal offence data
- Where permitted by law, equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health and religion or belief.
- Whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process.
- Where permitted by law, we may hold information from criminal record checks.
EMAK Solution may collect this personal data in a number of ways. For example, identity information might be collected through application forms, CV’s or resumes; obtained from your passport or other documents such as your driving license; from the correspondence with you; or through interviews, meetings or other assessments.
Personal data provided by third parties
The organisation will also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, recruitment agencies or social media such as LinkedIn. The organisation will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Why do we process personal data
Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. In order to comply with Data Protection Laws, EMAK Solution need a lawful basis to process your Personal Data. We use the following lawful reasons to obtain and use your Personal Data.
EMAK Solution do not make use of Consent as a Lawful Basis to process Personal Data belonging to job applicants.
EMAK Solution needs to process your Personal Data to take steps at your request, prior to entering into a potential employment contract with you.
In some cases, the organisation needs to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is required to check a successful applicant's eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
In other cases, EMAK Solution has a legitimate interest in processing Personal Data during and after the end of the recruitment process., including:
- Running the recruitment processes;
- Responding to and defending against legal claims;
- Maintaining and promoting equal opportunities within the workplace.
Who may have access to personal data
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes with members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy, internal and external auditors and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
The organisation will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment. The organisation will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you.
EMAK Solution may share your personal data with third parties in order to, obtain pre-employment references from other employers, obtain employment background checks from third party providers and to obtain necessary criminal record checks.
EMAK Solution may shares your personal data with third-party processors who provide services to the organisation. These services include:
- Recruitment agencies;
- Employment and credit reference agencies;
The organisation does not share personal data of employees with any Joint Controllers.
EMAK Solution may share your personal data with organisations where we have a legal obligation, contract or other legitimate interest to do so, including:
- Building landlords and facilities management organisations (CCTV and access control systems);
- The Disclosure and Barring Service;
Your personal data may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) . For example, your personal data may be shared with one of EMAK Solution’s overseas offices if necessary.
Where data is transferred outside of the EEA, it is done on the basis of appropriate safeguards, for example binding corporate rules, EU model clauses or a declaration of adequacy.
How long do we hold your personal data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will will hold your data on file for 1 year after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or destroyed.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
What if you do not supply your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to the us during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.